Welcome to the HP website. Our party is a Progressive Party based
on the principles of New or Universalist Humanism. These principles
can be summarised as:
• Putting the value of all human life as the central value
and concern, higher than money or institutions.
• Promoting non-violence as the only way to achieve results
• Fighting discrimination in all its forms; racism, sexism,
ageism, homophobia, etc.
• Encouraging the continuous development and free distribution
of human knowledge.
• Freedom of beliefs and ideas
We are developing our party from the grass roots. In broad terms
our policies favour:
• The needs of the workforce before the needs of the banks
• Real representative democracy before formal democratic models,
• Decentralisation of power before centralisation in centrally
controlled government institutions,
• Anti-discrimination before discrimination,
• Liberty before oppression.
- Buy Gold
Our priorities are for health, education and security and the equality
of opportunities for everyone. The foundation for these policies
has been expounded in the humanist statement.
We are an organisation of volunteers and welcome all those who
share our ideals and objectives. We are in search of people to join
us who can help to establish the Humanist Party at a grassroots
level throughout the country. Our aim is to participate in elections
at all levels of government. If you would like to be a candidate
in your area and need help, please contact
21/02/06: From alienation
to participation: an evening of discussion 29th March 2006 with
Tomas Hirsch, ex-candidate for the Chilean Presidency
HP position about the recent publication of cartoons in the european
HP joins the International campaign to plead for clemency for Australian
HP denounces alleged government proposals to replace the UKs nuclear
force of the left puts forward Humanist Party candidate, Tomas Hirsch,
as presidential candidate for elections in December.
violence in UK leads to death of innocent Brazilian.